HP Black Ink Cartridge
DeskJet 700/800/900/1000 Series, 1200C, 1600C
1. Turn the cartridge upside down. Take off the black plastic film (look hard, it's there) and push in the ball bearing which seals the filling hole, use the Allen wrench provided. You can also push the ball bearing in without removing the plastic film if you like.
2. Slowly inject up to 30ml. of ink into the filling hole by using the 30ml syringe and short blunt needle (Do not use the long sharp needle that comes with the color refill kit because this cartridge has a Mylar bag that you do not want to poke a hole in). Unused ink may be returned to the bottle.
3. Seal the filling hole by squeezing the cartridge sides (this will create a vacuum when let go) and seal the hole using the set screw ( the set screw will self-tap and form an excellent plug which can be removed and re-installed each time you refill). Screw in the set screw until it is flush with the bottom of the cartridge. Now let go of your squeeze (if you didn't squeeze hard enough some ink will leak from the print head until a vacuum is formed).
4. Set above a paper towel for 5 minutes as a drip precaution. Expect a few drips. Do not allow the cartridge to touch the paper towel at this point, since the towel will draw out the ink.
5. Clean the syringe with water and dry for future use.
6. Replace the cartridge and run 1 - 3 cleaning
cycles as per printer instructions.
If you are interested in resetting the ink level
back to full after refilling read this:
A Refill Kit should include Ink plus