Canon BJI-201 Cartridge
Also Apple M1949GA, M1950GA, M1951GA, and M1952GA
Many different Canon 600, 610, 620 and Apple
Colorstyle, Color Stylewriter Pro Printers
The ink in this cartridge is retained because the cartridge has an internal sponge.
However, the sponge only fills the lower half of the cartridge. The upper half is an open
This cartridge does not have a printhead -- only an ink reservoir.
There are now two types of these cartridges on the market. The original
cartridge (Figure 1) and the new style cartridge (Figure 2).
Modifying the Cartridge:
1. It is recommended that you refill your cartridge over the sink for easy clean up of
any over spill.
2. Remove the label from your cartridge.
3. Locate the round indentation(s) on the top of the cartridge. (as shown in diagrams)
4. Using the 1/16" thumb drill bit, drill a hole through the center of the
indentation if your cartridge looks like the one in FIGURE 1.
Push plastic or steel ball into the cartridge if you have the new cartridges. FIGURE 2.
Using the drill (or pen), push the plastic or steel ball into the cartridge. This
will not effect the cartridge's performance. Place a small piece of tape over the
ink exit hole.
5. You are now ready to inject the ink.
Refilling Black or Color Cartridges
1. Attach the needle to the syringe and fill with the correct color ink.
2. Inject approximately 5 cc of ink slowly into the filling hole until the chamber is
almost full. Approximately 12cc of ink for the High Capacity Black cartridge.
DO NOT fill the cartridge right to the top leave a little space.
Unused ink may be returned to the bottle.
3. Seal the filling hole with the black ball plug provided, making certain that the ball
plug is completely sealed into the cartridge as shown on left.
Push steel ball into cartridge -- replace with black ball plug after filling.
Drill hole in cartridge -- seal with screw (or aluminum tape) after filling.
4. Remove tape from exit hole.
Additional Note: In some cases the sponge is deteriorated and
it cannot hold the ink which will cause ink to leak out the outlet hole. If this happens
an alternate method of refilling is to drip ink on to the sponge until it is soaked. (Your
total page output will be less than a complete fill.)
5. Rinse the syringe with water and dry for further use.
6. Replace the cartridge and run 1 - 3 cleaning cycles as per
Or print the following pages:
For best results, leave cartridge in printer for 8 hours after refilling so the ink can saturate the entire sponge.
MAKE SURE THAT THE HOLE IS AIRTIGHT, OR ELSE THE INK WILL
LEAK INTO YOUR PRINTER. YOU CAN CUT SOME ALUMINUM TAPE AND PUT IT OVER THE HOLE AND RUB
WITH YOUR FINGER TO GET IT AIRTIGHT.
Kit should include Ink plus the following:
1 Ball Plug for Black or 3 Ball Plugs for color.
1 Syringe for Black or 3 Syringes for color with blunt needles.
1 small set screw for Black or 3 small set screws for color.
Printer ink and Refill kits for your Printer