Canon BCI-3, BCI-3e, BCI-6
Black & Color Cartridges
1. Cover the outlet hole(s) with Aluminum or Vinyl Tape to prevent ink loss
2. Use the Thumb Drill provided to drill a 1/16' hole in the top of the tank. There is a
recess in front of the Plastic Ball Bearing that is an ideal spot to drill through.
3. Attach the needle to the syringe and fill with the correct color
4. Slowly inject approximately 4 ml. of ink into the filling hole until
the chamber is almost full. Unused ink may be returned to the bottle.
5. Seal the hole using the set screw ( the set screw will self-tap and form an
excellent plug which can be removed and re-installed each time you refill). Screw in the
set set screw until it is flush with the top of the cartridge.
Some ink will leak from the print head.
6. Remove the tape from the outlet hole(s).
7. Set above a paper towel for an hour as a drip precaution. Expect a few
drips until the vacuum stabilizes.
If it looks like the dripping doesn't stop, then the filling hole has an air leak and
is not sealed well.
8. After the dripping has stopped, replace the cartridge and run 1 -
3 cleaning cycles as per printer instructions.
Note: Immediately refill any empty cartridges.
A Refill Kit should
include Ink plus the following:
3 syringes for color with blunt needles
3 small set screws for Color
Printer ink and Refill kits for your Printer