Also includes: Canon BJC-4000, BJC-4100, BJC-4200, BJC-4550, BJC-5000
and Apple StyleWriter 2400
Refilling the BC-20/23 Cartridge
- For the Black BC-20 or BC-23 Cartridge, locate the round circle on top
of the cartridge. There is a small hole off-center inside this round circle.
- Use a 1/16 inch Thumb drill provided enlarge this small hole on top of the cartridge.
(This may be covered by a label.) Drill completely through the plastic into the sponge.
- Inject the Black BC-20/23 cartridge with about 30 cc of ink -- a full syringe. Insert
the needle all the way into the cartridge deep into the hard sponge.
- Inject S-L-O-W-L-Y to fill the entire cartridge. Be sure to remove and re-insert the
needle a few times to expose the entire sponge to the ink.
- You only need cover the hole with a piece of aluminum tape for extended storage or
transportation to prevent leaking or drying out. Remove the tape when printing.
- Set on a paper towel for an hour as a drip precaution. Expect a few drips. Cover all
holes during storage to prevent leaks and evaporation.
- Replace the cartridge and run 1 - 3 cleaning cycles as per printer
Or print the following pages:
For best results, leave cartridge in printer for 8 hours after refilling so the ink can saturate the entire sponge. (Allows ink to flow to the
A Refill Kit should include Ink plus
1 Syringe for Black
1 Thumb Drill
Printer ink and Refill kits for your Printer