LC61 and LC65
Refilling Aftermarket Cartridges
Refilling the original Brother LC-61 cartridge is not
practical because of the design.
1) Remove the cartridge when it is running low or out of ink.
2) Drill a small hole in the top of the cartridge.
3) Fill your syringe full of the proper ink. The cartridge will take approximately 12ml of ink.
4) Put the syringe needle into the drilled hole and Slowly inject ink until the cartridge is full again.
5) After the cartridge is full of ink, you can seal the drilled hole with a set screw or just leave it open, it will not make any difference in the print. If you do use the set screw be sure to screw it down flush with the top of the cartridge. There is a piece that will have to slide over the set screw when it is placed into the printer.
6) Replace the cartridge(s) and run 1 - 3 cleaning cycles
as per printer instructions.