Refilling Aftermarket Cartridges
Refilling the original Brother LC-51 cartridges are not
among the easiest to do.
1) Remove the cartridge when it is running low or out of ink.
2) Drill a small hole in the top of the cartridge.
3) Fill your syringe full of the proper ink. The cartridge will take a good 35ml of ink.
4) Put the syringe needle into the drilled hole and Slowly inject ink until the cartridge is full again. The cartridges are transparent so there is no problem to see when the cartridge is full of ink.
5) After the cartridge is full of ink, either leave the hole open or put a piece of tape over it, either way is fine.
That's it - 'drill' and 'fill'.
6) Replace the cartridge(s) and run 1 - 3 cleaning cycles
as per printer instructions.